F1 Testing Hospitality
Test 1: Barcelona, Spain – Monday 18th to Thursday 21st February 2019
Test 2: Barcelona, Spain – Tuesday 26th February to Friday 1st March 2019
Location: Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
Test Timings: 09:00 – 17:00
Lap record: 1:21.670 (K Raikkonen 2008)
Number of laps: N/A
Circuit Length: 4.655 KM
Before the new Formula 1 season starts the all-important test sessions take place. In 2017 F1 will introduce its biggest overhaul of aerodynamic regulations in nearly 20 years. The key changes are:
- Wider cars, with the distance between the outside edges of the tyres increasing from 1,800mm to 2,000mm
- Wider tyres, front tyre width will increase from 245mm to 305mm and rear tyre width from 325mm to 405mm, allowing for increased mechanical grip.
- The front wing will be widened from 1,650mm to 1,800mm.
- The rear wing will drop 150mm in height and its overall width increased from 800mm to 950mm.
- Bodywork will have a max width of 1,600mm (currently 1,400mm) with reduced exclusion zones allowing for larger bargeboards. The sidepods will also feature an angled leading edge, which will be inclined at 15 degrees when viewed from above.
- Weight will increase from 702kg max weight to 722kg max weight plus tyres (approx. 5kg).
- Faster cars, the FIA claim substantial gains of five to six seconds are expected in 2017 through the ‘aerodynamic rules evolution’.
These changes are likely to result in a major shakeup in F1’s pecking order and it promises to be a thrilling spectacle. All Formula 1 Teams will attend the official pre-season Winter Tests in Barcelona which will be held on:
- Test 1: Barcelona, Spain – Monday 26th February to Thursday 1st March 2018
- Test 2: Barcelona, Spain – Tuesday 6th March to Friday 9th March 2018
This is your opportunity to experience Formula 1 2018 up close and personal before anyone else, with a chance to see the new cars in detail. We have exclusive access to F1 TEAM Hospitality & Piso Box Hospitality for every day of Pre-Season testing at Circuit de Catalunya.
For more information about our F1 Testing packages or to order any F1 Testing tickets and passes, please contact EDGE Global
F1 Team Hospitality
Piso Box Hospitality
The Piso Box pit lane hospitality suites are situated on the first floor of the pit building, which ….