The Ultimate British Open Golf Week – 12 to 18 July, 2016:
£1,850+VAT per person (based on two sharing).
Since 1860, The Open has been played over some of the world’s most cherished links courses and has produced a remarkable legacy of great champions. It is the oldest and most international championship in professional golf and the Claret Jug – first presented in 1873 – is one of the most iconic trophies in all of sport.
The course, which took its current form in 1888, is designed in the traditional out-and-back manner of the Old Course at St Andrews. A gentle opening few holes and relatively straightforward closing stretch are the bookends for a series of holes which weave up, round and through some of the most striking linksland to be found at any of the host venues.
This character makes the strength and direction of the wind even more important than is usual on a links course: if the wind is against the players on the back nine, it’s as tough a finish as can be found anywhere.
– 18 Holes of Golf at Royal Birkdale
– 18 Holes of Golf at Royal Liverpool (Hoylake)
– 36 Holes of Golf at Royal Lytham and St. Anne’s
– Two Nights’ with Breakfast at the Vincent Hotel, Southport
– One Night Dinner, Bed and Breakfast at the Dormy House at Royal Lytham
– Three Nights’ with Breakfast at the Park Inn By Radisson Glasgow
– General Admission Tickets to the Open Golf Championship on Sat & Sun
– Return Train Tickets from Glasgow to Troon